SCM Catholic School was dedicated on August 26, 1951 and opened its doors to 190 students.
OLS Catholic School opened its doors on September 4, 1951 to 85 students.
The barracks and officer's quarters at Camp Pilot Butte became the eight-room SCM school building and the convent for the nine Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, Kansas who fully staffed both schools from 1952 to 1971 and partially until 1988.
The present location of Holy Spirit Catholic School is the building that first housed OLS School.
Grades 1-6 were offered in the 1951-52 school year. Grades 7 and 8 were added in 1953.
Both schools served students from grades 1-8 and included sports and activities typical of a junior high setting.
Grades 7 and 8 were eliminated in 1970 and the convent was closed that same year.
In September of 1921, the two schools incorporated into the Rock Springs Catholic School. Primary grade (1-3) were housed at OLS School and intermediate grades (4-6) at the SCM School.
Kindergarten was added in 1978.
In 1986, the pre-school program became an official part of the school.
In 1988, the SCM school was closed and OLS School became the sole structure of Rock Springs Catholic School.
The parishes of OLS and SCM were incorporated into one parish, originally designated to be known as the OLS/SCM Parish.
As of January 2, 1998, the names was changed to the Holy Spirit Catholic Community and included the mission churches of Superior, Wamsutter, and Farson.
During this time, Rock Springs Catholic School underwent a complete renovation in September of 1997. The $770,000 provided two additional classrooms, added additional restrooms, modernized the facility for technology purposes and brought the building up to current building codes.
In May of 1998, the HSCS Advisory Board approved the name change from Rock Springs Catholic School to Holy Spirit Catholic School.
In January 2008, the computer lab was updated with new computer towers and internet access.